Sunday, January 29, 2006
Of blogs and organic maple yogurt
Saturday, January 28, 2006.

I am LOVING reading blogs lately, in the obsessive way I tend to do things. It all started when I was sick for several weeks in a functioning but draggy way, with enough time on my hands to read throught the entire archives of a couple of Mamas my daughter's age. It was very involving. I also, concurrently, have become addicted to this heavenly organic yogurt with nothing added to it except maple syrup that I have been buying at Whole Foods, so these two things are becoming hardwired together- I can hardly read a blog without my yogurt and a big spoon of a certain size.

I wanted to de-lurk in de-lurking week but what was I actually going to SAY??

"UM, hey, you guys, who by the way are all about the age of my daughter, I can really relate to a lot of what you are going through- really.....I mean, I WAS there (about two and a half decades ago, heh), but, hey I am still me..and it is nice to know that you guys can't be civil in a room with your Moms some days to save your lives- so maybe it's not all me after all on this end.....but why would you want to hang with your Mom, essentially, ie me?"

Or, "Hey, my youngest kid did that too and he's twenty four and really it is a non issue now, soooo....I guess it's a bit irrelevant now, (slinking away)

So, I lurk. But I like a lot of you guys out there!

In my teaching of cello, one of the nice things about it is the cross-gender, cross-age camaradery that develops among the students- they are kind -big kids to little ones-they encourage each other, it is a supportive environment that is beautiful and unique, at its best.

I guess I am deciding that maybe the best de-lurking for me might consist of putting myself out there a bit: writing some stuff of my own and seeing what happens.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG