Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Blech and Grrrrr
Gloomy sort of day, no energy to speak of after several days of being really "up" and John chose to roll in an hour and a half "late", claiming that the fact that he normally gets in at either 5 or 7 PM, depending on the day, doesn't mean that 8:30 is "late". I KNOW that if I act all shitty and irritated, beyond a certain point (that is, WAY before the point at which I stop FEELING shitty and irritated )HE will get a lot more shi. and irr. than I am, for much longer, and this is not a road that I really want to start down, for my own comfort.

This is because I called him at work yesterday, which is an hour's commute away, because he left the interior light on in my car Sunday night and the battery was DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL 24 hours later when I had to:

1) go pick up my teaching assistant who was waiting outside her school-right then, so I could

2) teach for 2 hours starting right after that , and then

3) go to my orchestra (that I play in), right after THAT, for a dress rehearsal,

with no car.


There was NO time to call AAA or see if the neighbour could boost me or anything, - I had the Mom of a student pick my assistant up, 25 minutes late-so he VOLUNTEERED to come home and "bail me out" (??????who left the light on?????), but then he punishes me by "making up the time tonight",(which is bullshit, as he is a professor and can work or not work at any hour of any day or night), because he knows I worry like crazy when he is late since it can be a really nasty commute sometimes. Did he call to say he'd be late? Or say "Gee I am sorry to have put you to so much trouble?"

Can you say "passive- aggressive?"

In the past we would be having a huge fight by now. I guess that faking that I have stopped feeling SH. and IRR. is progress although I hate the way it feels to just swallow it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG