Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Cello Player of the Day: M.K.




At the moment I have 19-I was going to say "cello children" but actually four of them are adults. In my old city, which had a different demographic, I had about 15, two years ago when I left. I have been teaching in the new city for a year and a half and at the moment I am closed to new students, as I have as many as I want to have at the moment, although this may change. Getting students here has involved....nothing, on my part! It has been amazing: I guess my reputation preceded me-anyway, it is a better set-up in nearly every way here. First, there is my studio- everyone comments on how cozy it looks when they come in. There is a two piece bathroom right as you walk in- actually the studio is the entire ground floor of our three level townhouse, really, minus the laundry area and furnace room. There is a separate entrance at the front and a window and walkout to the teeny back yard. However, over the fence is the lake, and a public footpath, so if people waiting want to, they can go outside.

One corner is a play area, with toys, drawing materials,
books etc for siblings of the students and it is WELL used! Today I discovered this there-how cute!

Anyway, I am going to start a thrilling series called Cello Player of the Day.
They are in no particular order- just the order in which I get around to taking the photos.

Today's featured cello player is M.K.
She is 6 years old and has been playing cello since September 2005. Last year she had a year of violin, but decided at summer arts camp, where we had a 15 minute lesson every day for five days, that she was going to play cello instead. In the picture, she is playing French Folk Song, and we are working on looooong bow strokes. M. was hungry today- her lesson is at 11AM so she took a couple of french fry breaks, as you can see!


1 Comments:

Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I do SO hope Bella will want to play the cello. It is just my favorite of all instruments (and it's not even "my" instrument)! Nothing compares. Nothing. I wanted a lone cellist for my wedding, but such a thing was not to be found, so I had a harpist, which was beautiful. But it didn't sound like singing.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG