Thursday, February 16, 2006
Thunder Snow
Alas, sigh, bleat, moan, winter has finally arrived in our neck of the....lake . It is still weird, uncharacteristic weather though- it has been snowing/sleeting/raining for the last hour accompanied by nearly constant rolls of thunder and lightening. Daisy HATES it- she is lying on my feet with her face pressed into the computer cords and her eyes hidden-trembling-she hasn't been menaced by thunder in months, poor girly. Frank is more stoic, but he is right here in my tiny office too, and not on our bed hogging the whole thing as he usually does at this hour. He is not as scared, but he stays close to his people nonetheless in this situation.
Meanwhile, I am talking to my youngest son, who is in Japan for a year, on MSN. It is tomorrow morning over there. We live in such new and interesting times, with the Net.

When I was about 45 or 46, about 10 years ago, my two computer savvy offspring, aged 24 and 14 at the time, LITERALLY dragged me to the computer, sat me down, forced me to choose a name for hotmail and set up my first e-mail account. I am here to say that I had always said "I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVEN SWITCH ON A COMPUTER!!!!.They said,"Don't be silly, we know you, you will instantly become addicted and use it all the time.

Ten years later: I have two e-mail accounts (one for work, one for friends;) I look everything up on Google; read blogs; HAVE a blog; talk to my farflung kids and grand kids; use Vonage (Voice Over Internet Protocol) for long distance telephone; send e-cards; forward funny e-mails -judiciously; type up and print all written communication for my work, etc. shop on line, have a pay pal account,use a digital camera that I download to my computer, print my pics on line and hard copies as well. I also found our second DOG on-line through Pet-Finder.com, and drove 4 1/2 hours to pick her up. And, of course I do this all on my own, personal, not shared with anyone, spiffy new Samsung flat screen that I bought about a year ago

I guess the kids were right, LOL


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gramma you need to post more often!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG