Friday, March 24, 2006
Beautiful Grand-babies...


Kai shows off his Ithaca shirt


Kai shows Malia how it's done......

Serious work at the kitchen table, on a semi sunny day on the West coast. I think these brown overalls were saved from my kids-my daughter likes that kind of continuity. I am sad that I see so many other kids so intimately each week but my own grandbabies I only see every six months or so. We will be there for four days over Easter- such a treat, but it has been three years since they came to see us. I know travel is hard with babies. We live in such mixed up times- I can see these pictures a half hour after they are taken, but months pass without seeing the kids for real. The squeezing feeling in my heart about this could be overwhelming love, or equally overwhelming grief- I can not tell.

Malia is walking and talking since I last saw her- what a dear little voice she has! Kai is coming up to five years old- (in late June.) His babyhood is pretty much over. It feels like scarily fast rapids in this part of the river.



















Beautiful Malia


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful grandkids!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG